Saturday, February 4, 2012

G

Wrote a story! Read it here:
G.pdf

It's not a very good story, but it came to me almost whole, and I've learnt it's usually not good to stifle such stories.

Also it has a liberal sprinkling of science, mainly about vision science. I will not claim that the science is accurate, but it is accurate to the extent that it is based on reading half of a random vision science paper. If you want to know, the condition I talk of is, I think, called "visual agnosia", but I have had no interaction with anyone who actually has that condition; this is entirely my imagination. So pardon me if I am completely off-track.

5 comments:

AB said...

Amazing! Everything meshed so well together. Also, very easy to relate to.

raulscooper said...

Brilliant! Somehow reminded me of Never let me go

dk said...

Awesome, as always! :)
But it did remind me of Spiderman and Superman, prey to mortal emotions but bound by higher duties ;)

ghostwriter said...

Thanks a lot all!! :))
@Rahul Hmm, I didn't realize the extent to which the narrator was lying to himself!
@dk, I would rather not put my staying in a lab as too much of a higher duty :P

pushpendre said...

It was a nice read, since I am a sucker for happier endings make him visit her in the sequel.